[Bioperl-l] IUPAC support for DNA alignment

Yee Man Chan ymc at shgc.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 27 17:35:39 UTC 2008

Hi guys

	What about providing two switches; one for full score and one for
probabilistic score?

Assume match is +3 and mismatch -1

Full score version:
1) T - U = +3 (I assume U is the same as T for alignment purpose, right?)
2) A - W = +3
3) A - D = +3
4) A - N = +3
5) A - X = -1 (not so sure about this one)

Probabilistic score version:
1) T - U = +3
2) A - W = +3/2-1/2 = +1
3) A - D = +3/3-1*2/3 = +1/3