[Bioperl-l] BioPerl help with 2D arrays

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Tue Jun 24 15:23:50 UTC 2008

Nathan Haseley (RIT Student) wrote:
> Hello, I am writing a script that returns an array of array
> references to  Bio::Search::HSP::GenericHSP objects (2D array of
> Bio::Search::HSP::GenericHSP objects).  Whenever I try to call
> functions such as ->num_identical I get an error message: Can't call
> method "num_identical" without a package or object reference.
>
> Below are the segments of the code that are giving me problems to
> give you a general idea of what I'm doing.  Is there a way around
> this?  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks! Sincerely, Nathan

I think we need to see more of your code. If I fill in enough of the
missing blanks to make your example run, it works fine. So your problem
is somewhere in your code that you haven't shown us.

Best thing to do is standard debugging to come up with a minimal but
working script that demonstrates the problem, then give us that.