[Bioperl-l] Any volunteers for doing a Nested Containment List implementation?

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Tue Jul 22 00:02:36 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,

This paper describes an indexing algorithm for genome feature databases
called Nested Containment Lists. Apparently it is substantially faster than
the indexing systems we use in BioPerl for the Bio::DB::GFF,
Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store, and Chado.

http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/btl647v1?papetoc

The concept and data structures are quite simple, and I think it would be
straightforward to implement this system in MySQL tables. Would anybody be
interested in taking this on as a summer project?

Lincoln

--
Lincoln D. Stein

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research