[Bioperl-l] Bio_Tools_Run_RemoteBlast error: 500 Can't connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80

Alicia Amadoz Alicia.Amadoz at uv.es
Fri Jul 18 08:25:08 UTC 2008

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your comment.

The thing is that my script doesn't run in the most recent version of bioperl (1.5.2) and it
works with the previous version (1.4). So, I would like to know if anything related to
Bio::Tools:Run::RemoteBlast has changed that could throw me the error of

> > 500 Can't connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80 (Bad hostname 'www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
> > ')

Or anyone has an idea of why it gives this error?

Thank you very much in advance.
Alicia

> You need to update to a recent version of bioperl (1.4 is too old).
>
> chris
>
> On Jul 17, 2008, at 4:17 AM, Alicia Amadoz wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am installing my bioperl script into a new server and I have an
> > error that I don't know how
> > to solve. Once I have launched my script at the new server, it
> > appears a file named "delete"
> > that has the following error:

ggggccgtcgccaaggccgcgcttggattcactgggtttttcacttcgggccccaagcaggacatccagctaatcaactccaacgg
> > cagttggcacatcaatcgtactgccttgaactgtaatgcgagcctcgaaaccggctggatagcgg

ggctcctctatcacaacagattcaactcttcaggctgccccgagaggatggccagctgtagacccctcgccgacttcgaccagggct