[Bioperl-l] GenBank format and feature names > 15 char

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 14 19:35:46 UTC 2008

It looks like the keys in the feature table run into the location
string w/o intervening space, which would probably cause havoc with
roundtripping from this output.  A few examples:

      BAC_cloned_genomic_insert<1..>1000
      combined_genscanjoin(<1..347,400..498,794..>1000)
      splign_na_dbEST_ncbi<1..>1000

I would think at least a space in between the location and the key
would be required for round-tripping out of genbank format.

chris