[Bioperl-l] ActiveState Perl problems

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 6 01:32:52 UTC 2008

Kobes keeps two separate repos because there are several binary-only
modules (DBD::mysql, GD, etc) which are incompatible with older major
perl releases (5.6, 5.8, 5.10).  If the modules are pure perl then
there shouldn't be a problem.

Saying that, there is one issue which tanks Bio::SeqIO::entrezgene
parsing (which mistakenly made pseudohashes) which Stefan and I fixed
recently; that'll tank in perl 5.10.

chris