[Bioperl-l] branch-1-6 now in svn

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sat Dec 20 06:25:56 UTC 2008

All,

The 1.6 branch is now in subversion (wanted to get this out earlier
but we had this icestorm thingy here in the midwest...).

I'll be working on both the branch and main trunk, merging bits over
to the 1.6 branch as needed over the next couple of days (updated
docs, etc).  The only branch-specific tasks will be dealing with
modules which won't be in the final release.  If there are any commits
that should be included feel free to commit them to trunk and I'll
merge them over to the branch as needed (this includes any
documentation, etc.).  Core devs should feel free to make changes as
needed.

My goal is to tag an RC for Monday so we can start a few preliminary
rounds of tests (it may be early Tuesday due to other commitments I
have this weekend).  I will be gone between Dec. 26-31, but should be
back in time to address any testing issues not covered.