[Bioperl-l] Bio::LocatableSeq warning

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 17 22:59:41 UTC 2008

It is a problem with clustalw parsing not accounting for frameshifts,
mapping, and other odd bits coming from this format.  That could be
added in; LocatableSeq now allows this by specifying position => shift
in frameshifts() as a hash ref.

There are other significant problems with LocatableSeq, though.
Gaps, frameshifts, and residues are set and checked via globals and
aren't set per instance (which is definitely not optimal).  I'll file
a bug report on this to track it.

chris