[Bioperl-l] bioperl-live install issue on unix

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 10 16:40:59 UTC 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Sean O'Keeffe wrote:

> at the risk of sounding idiotic, i've realised that the issue may have
> been of my own making.
> i had ssh'd to another server and hadn't thought about it when
> starting the install.
> i just assumed i was in my /home/dir  but was only virtually there.
> exiting from this, everything went smooth. apologies for all hassles
> caused.
>
> my only other question is where has Bio::Graphics gone from the
> bioperl checkout on svn?
>
> sean.

Bio::Graphics is now separate from BioPerl as of 1.6.  It will be a
separate installation via CPAN, see:

http://search.cpan.org/~lds/Bio-Graphics-1.8/

Note the bioperl README.

I am hoping to install a hook into Build.PL to post-install this or
any any other split-off modules in the future, but we may just have a
Bundle package to do this instead.  One of the remaining decisions for
1.6...