[Bioperl-l] Moving ModuleBuildBioperl and BioperlTest to Bio::Root

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Dec 8 15:57:37 UTC 2008

It's been suggested by others and has annoyed me since the 1.5.2
release, so I've now made the appropriate changes to ModuleBuildBioperl
and BioperlTest to make them part of the core package to be installed as
the new modules Bio::Root::Build and Bio::Root::Test.
t/lib/Test/Warn/Bioperl.pm also becomes Bio::Root::TestWarn.

This then allows all other bioperl packages like bioperl-run etc. to
just use those modules (since they already depend on Bio::Root::Root in
core package, these modules must have been installed), rather than the
current situation of having the build and test modules duplicated in
each package, which isn't so nice maintenance-wise.

The main change needed is changing all the test scripts (again) to use
the new module name, but that's trivial and can be automated. (I'll do
it, it would only take a few seconds)

Before I go ahead and commit, please feedback with any concerns or
suggestions. I don't anticipate this being contentious, so I'll probably
commit later today or tomorrow.