[Bioperl-l] addition of GD::graphic object to Bio::Graphics

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Sun Apr 27 21:27:23 UTC 2008

You can get the GD object back from the Bio::Graphics::Panel  then draw
on it using GD methods

Eg:

#create a BioPerl panel
my $panel = Bio::Graphics::Panel->new(
                              			-length   => 600
                              			-width    => 800,
					-bgcolor  => 'white'
					);
# add your features
my $feature = Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new( -start => 1,-end   =>
200,);
$panel->add_track($feature, glyph   =>   'segments',
					-label   =>   0,
					-height  =>   30,
					-bgcolor  =>  'red',
					-fgcolor  => 'red'
					 );

# grab the GD thingy
my $gd = $panel->gd;

#create a color - not sure if there's a better way?
$black = $gd->colorAllocate(0,0,0);

#draw on your GD thingy
$gd->line(10,10,$panel->width -10,10,$black);
$gd->string(gdSmallFont,20,10,'test' ,'$black);

# print it as normal
print $panel->png;