[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db woes

Stefan Kirov stefan.kirov at bms.com
Thu Apr 17 14:18:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Chris Fields wrote:

> The 'get_dbxrefs' problem looks related to recent changes I made when rolling
> back the significant feature/annotation changes introduced just prior to the
> 1.5 release, none which were fully implemented.  I can check that one out.
> Odd though; these passed for me, but I'm using MySQL not oracle.
get_dbxref is not the problem- I think the error message is misleading:
kirovs at horta:~/bioperl-db> grep get_dbxrefs
/home/kirovs/bioperl-live/Bio/Ontology/Term.pm
            get_dbxrefs() instead, which handles both strings and DBLink
                       "Use get_dbxrefs() instead");
     $self->get_dbxrefs($context);
=head2 get_dbxrefs
  Title   : get_dbxrefs()
  Usage   : @ds = $term->get_dbxrefs();
sub get_dbxrefs {
} # get_dbxrefs
     my @old = $self->get_dbxrefs($context);
sub each_dblink {shift->throw("use of each_dblink() is deprecated; use
get_dbxrefs() instead")}

So it is there.
In any case I debugged and tracked that down to the RichSeq adaptor module
missing. It is not in the distro I downloaded, so I think this is my
problem. It is a different question why...
I looked at different repos (SVN, CVS, trunk, different tags) and I did
not see RichSeq.pm. I am not sure what is going on. Perhaps Hilmar will be
able to help when he is around.
Thanks for the help Chris....
Stefan