[Bioperl-l] Bio::FeatureIO::gff bug?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Fri Sep 28 15:36:39 UTC 2007

You do have a point here. From a design perspective, it feels odd if
instantiating an object can fail with an I/O exception. But in
reality that's how it's done all the time, from Bio::SeqIO to
java.io.*, if I'm not mistaken. I also agree that asking a
conditional that we know will be false every time except once
violates the sense of elegance.

So upon second consideration, I think I agree with you. And a GFF3
file with zero features in it should still be a valid GFF3 file,
i.e., have the mandatory headers.

Does that make sense?

	-hilmar