[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqFeature::Annotated / SOFA question

Scott Cain cain.cshl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 14:20:50 UTC 2007

Hi Sendu,

I believe that BSFA uses SOFA but the growing consensus is that SOFA
should be pitched and all of SO should be used where SOFA was being
used.  I also suspect that BioPerl is using a very old version of SOFA,
since at the time BSFA was written, BioPerl couldn't parse OBO files
(can it now?), so it was using the very old file format (whose name I
can't even remember now) and that file hasn't been updated in a long
time (which is why it isn't finding conserved_region).

If BioPerl can parse OBO files, we should switch BSFA to validate
against

http://song.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/song/ontology/so.obo

Scott