[Bioperl-l] Problem with $seqobj->translate() when supplying parameters

Eric E. Snyder esnyder at vbi.vt.edu
Mon Oct 15 20:38:06 UTC 2007

Hello Again,

I think I've discovered the problem.  Apparently I've got an old version
of BioPerl which expected an array of arguments rather than a named
list.  When I cut-and-pasted the new code for translate() into my
distribution, the problem went away.

So, the next question is: how can I be sure that I have the most
up-to-date distribution available (or at least the one that matches the
BioPerl docs on bioperl.org)?  I downloaded BioPerl using CPAN within
the last year but I don't know where it actually came from.

Thanks,
eesnyder

--
Eric E. Snyder, Ph.D.