[Bioperl-l] run RNAfold in perl

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sun Nov 25 15:05:27 UTC 2007

Again, these wrappers are for submitting data to a Pise server for
the corresponding programs (run on a remote server).  There are no
wrappers for running RNAfold on your computer (i.e. locally), with or
w/o a set env. variable.  You can try instaling Pise locally and
setting the location() as shown in POD to localhost, however I don't
know how stable these modules are with newer versions of Pise.  These
haven't been updated in a few years, apart from getting tests to work.

Another option is installing EMBOSS along with the EMBASSY version of
RNAFold; this could conceivably be run through Bio::Factory::EMBOSS.

chris