[Bioperl-l] Why does Bio::DB::GFF::Feature::gff3_string swap start and stop coordinates??

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon May 21 23:13:24 UTC 2007

glimmer2/3 both assume the genome is circular by default (I'm
assuming since Glimmer2/3 are used for bacterial genomes).  Acc. to
the Glimmer3 release notes the detail file has the information in the
header; from the Glimmer3 data used for tests:

Command:  /bio/sw/glimmer3/bin/glimmer3 -o 50 -g 110 -t 30 ../BCTDNA
Glimmer3.icm Glimmer3

Sequence file = ../BCTDNA
ICM model file = Glimmer3.icm
Excluded regions file = none
List of orfs file = none
Truncated orfs = false
Circular genome = true

There are options available for glimmer3 (-L, -X) that specify a
linear sequence or allow ORFs to extend past the end of the sequence
analyzed (the latter assumes a linear sequence).

chris