[Bioperl-l] Writing OBO fiies

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at sanbi.ac.za
Thu May 17 06:46:44 UTC 2007

I've started putting together Bio::OntologyIO::obo::write_ontology().
The current parser ignores a number of fields in common obo files.
If anyone knows any issues regarding adding more information into obo ontology
object, shout now.

I need to start parsing at least "xref_analog" and "subset" to get a
reasonable roundtrip of obo files representing cell ontology and sequence
ontology.

I am not aiming at extending the existing ontology interfaces but simply
patching obo parsing, but I am open to suggestions.

	-Heikki

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho    heikki at_sanbi _ac _za
    _/_/_/_/_/  Associate Professor    skype: heikki_lehvaslaiho
   _/  _/  _/  SANBI, South African National Bioinformatics Institute
  _/  _/  _/  University of Western Cape, South Africa
     _/      Phone: +27 21 959 2096   FAX: +27 21 959 2512