[Bioperl-l] Help : Imagemaps using Bio::Graphics

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed May 2 10:02:48 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 23:46, Shameer Khadar wrote:
> Dear Scott,
>
> Once thanks a lot for your inputs.
>
> I am following same  data formats as in
> http://stein.cshl.org/genome_informatics/BioGraphics/eg/blast_hits.txt
> Only difference is instead of Hits, I will be using PFAMID/PDBID. Allt he
> blue boxes (feature) should be clickable like a hot-spot/imagesmap images.
> The purpose is to display these results in a web page.

Do you have your data loaded into bioperl objects?  What code did you use for
that (post that code)?

> I am using the program in Stein's Bio::Graphics example
> http://stein.cshl.org/genome_informatics/BioGraphics/eg/blast3.pl

Does this example run on your computer?  Have you been able to use the bioperl
objects you created in the first step in the creation of a graphic?  If not,
what have you tried (post the code) and any error messages.

> I need exactly same image as in
> http://stein.cshl.org/genome_informatics/BioGraphics/fig3.png
> only difference is I need the scale (0.1k - 0.9k) in a range of simple
> 1-XXX , here XXX depends on the length of the sequence input.

Again, what have you tried?  Posting code is helpful here, also.

I'm not an expert in bioperl graphics, but it does really help those that know
to see the code that you have written to know how best to help.

Sean