[Bioperl-l] Pb makefile

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue May 1 17:10:10 UTC 2007

Is there any reason you want to install bioperl 1.4 (which is over 3
yrs old)?  The latest is v.1.5.2 (Dec. 2006); man page generation has
been fixed for that version, which uses Module::Build.

The man page generation was turned off prior to 1.4, though I may be
wrong.  Based on the Extutils::MakeMaker FAQ you should be able to
prevent man page generation this way:

perl Makefile.PL INSTALLMAN1DIR=none INSTALLMAN3DIR=none

chris