[Bioperl-l] Help : Imagemaps using Bio::Graphics

Shameer Khadar shameer at ncbs.res.in
Tue May 1 11:36:31 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I am trying to impliment a bioperl based program to generate a dynamic,
clickable image. I have used Dr. Lincoln Steins's code provided in
example3 at this URL :
http://stein.cshl.org/genome_informatics/BioGraphics/blast3.html seems to
be perfect for my purpose.

I need to add few modifications to the image. I reffered the Bio::Graphics
HOWTO,  Creating_Imagemaps documents and other old bio-perl list mails
(may be am missing something imp.. ? )  but I couldnt get a quick
solution, Thought I will ask about it to the experts for some tips and
tricks.

This is what I am looking for :

1. I need image of exactly same size and the scale (0.1k .. 0.9k) to be
changed according to length of the sequence. My sequence length is usually
in a range of 70 - 200.

2. I also need to make the image interactive / clickable on the various
blue bar as different hyperlink to NCBI / PDB using ID (This ids will be
used instead of name of the blast hits)

Many thanks in advance for your inputs,
--
Shameer Khadar
Lab (# 25) The Computational Biology Group