[Bioperl-l] Tandem Repeats finder parser

Eric Just e-just at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 14 15:00:21 UTC 2007

Ok,

Bio::Tools::TandemRepeatsFinder is now in CVS.  It only parses the
data file that is created when TRF is run with the -d option.  It does
not parse any of the html files that are produced.  Look at the POD
for a quick usage summary as well as t/TandemRepeatsFinder.t for how
to extract each piece of data.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

(From TRF docs:)
-d: A data file is produced if this option is present. This file is a
text file which contains the same information, in the same order, as
the summary table file, plus consensus pattern and repeat sequences.
This file contains no labeling and is suitable for additional
processing, for example with a perl script, outside of the program.

Eric