[Bioperl-l] Devel::Cover

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Thu Mar 8 14:20:16 UTC 2007

Nathan Haigh wrote:
> Find the Devel::Cover report for bioperl-live here:
>
> http://www.bioinf.shef.ac.uk/public/bioperl-live/cover_db/coverage.html

Thanks for that.

> First things to note are:
> 1) There appear to be quite a few modules without POD for all methods
> (pod column).
> 2) The test suite doesn't test all subs in the modules (sub column).
>
> More rigorous code coverage would be achieved by ensuring tests were
> designed to execute all statements (stmt column). Details of the other
> columns can be found in Devel::Cover::Tutorial but essentially inform
> how well all the different possible routes in condition statements are
> covered by the tests.
>
> Have fun!

Really interesting, but fun? I'm actually kind of frightened by it ;)
In some crazy dream I'd like to see the pod and sub columns at 100% for
all modules in time for Bioperl 1.6. From a brief scan though it seems
like an incredible amount of work would be needed.

Doing the POD would be relatively easy. Does anyone feel inspired to
take on that particular challenge I wonder?

PS. Did you run this with BIOPERLDEBUG=1 ? I have t/RemoteBlast.t
hanging on me atm.