[Bioperl-l] New Article on Approaches to Web Development for Bioinformatics

Shameer Khadar shameer at ncbs.res.in
Sat Mar 3 05:02:55 UTC 2007

Hi alex,

Its interesting, Can you send me a pdf copy of your article ?
Cheers,

> I have written an article on Approaches to Web Development for
> Bioinformatics at
>
> http://medicalcomputing.net/tools_dna1.php
>
> There is a fairly large section on BioPerl at
>
> http://medicalcomputing.net/tools_dna13.php
>
> I hope that someone gets something useful out of it.  I also looking for
> feedback on it and, in particular, please let me know about any mistakes
> in
> it.
>
> The intent of the article is to give an overview of various approaches to
> developing web based tools for bioinformatics. It describes the
> alternatives
> at each layer of the system, including the data layer and sources of data,
> the application programming layer, the web layer, and bioinformatics tools
> and software libraries.
>
> Alex

Shameer Khadar
Jr. Research Fellow
Prof. R. Sowdhamini's Lab (# 25) The Computational Biology Group
National Centre for Biological Sciences (TIFR)
UAS - GKVK Campus - Bellary Road Bangalore - 65 - Karnataka - India
T - 91-080-23636420-32 EXT 4241 F - 91-080-23636662/23636675
W - http://www.ncbs.res.in