[Bioperl-l] First cut svn repository [was Re: SVN and ...Re: Perltidy]

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Thu Jun 28 00:46:29 UTC 2007

Chris Fields writes:
 > [...]
 > Now how about a quick straw poll, what kind of access?  svn+ssh is
 > already available, but some (Aaron among them) have indicated they
 > would like https as well (not sure how involved it would be to set up).

What we do here, in large part, depends on what our host machine makes
available to us.

Is there an apache instance that we can use?  Maybe a separate one?

May someone among us configure it, or do we need to ask for help?  (in
other words, does anyone have sudo?)

Is there some reason to not include http: (using Digest authentication
so that passwords aren't passed in the clear?)?  Maybe even go so far
as to ask why bother with https:, it's not like we need to transfer
any data encrypted....

g.