[Bioperl-l] Error in constructing Phylogenetic tree using BioPerl

SujiBala suji_ramin at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 04:58:36 UTC 2007

Hi Hello
  This is sujatha from singapore. I am trying to construct phylo tree using DNAStatistics and Kirma method. But I am getting the following error message. It would be nice if you could help me resolve this problem asap.

  Error messasge
    Must supply  a valid Bio::Align::AlignI for the _align parameter  in the distance
  My program
  use Bio::AlignIO;
use Bio::Align::DNAStatistics;
use Bio::Tree::DistanceFactory;
# for a dna alignment  can also use ProteinStatistics
@aln = Bio::AlignIO->new(-file => 'out4.fa', -format=>'clustalw');
$stats = Bio::Align::DNAStatistics->new;
$mat = $stats->distance( -align  => @aln,-method => 'Kimura');
$dfactory = Bio::Tree::DistanceFactory->new(-method => 'NJ');
$tree = $dfactory->make_tree($mat);

  I am using clustalw formatted fasta file with more than one sequence

SujiBala