[Bioperl-l] SVN and ...Re: Perltidy

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Jun 18 13:13:27 UTC 2007

On Jun 18, 2007, at 8:55 AM, Chris Fields wrote:

> Did we make a decision as to the fate of cvs if we get svn up-and-
> running?  Keep it around (assuming svn commits would be carried
> over to cvs and vice versa)?  Or see what happens over time?

Let's not plan for having cvs and svn writable repositories in
parallel - that would create an administrative nightmare. Once the
tests complete, there'll be a clean cut-over.

What Jason suggested is to try and continue a read-only (anonymous)
cvs repository, updated from the svn repository that the developers
use, aside from an anonymous svn repository mirroring the writable
one. This would primarily be for maintaining working URLs for those
folks who http-linked into the anonymous cvs repository. What I added
earlier is that even if that fails to be feasible, you can achieve
the goal using some small CGI script and apache redirect to map CVS-
style links to the anonymous svn repository.

	-hilmar