[Bioperl-l] SVN and ...Re: Perltidy

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Sat Jun 16 23:54:18 UTC 2007

Thanks George.
I'll respond to your support ticket as well but I put up tarballs of
the repository as of today.

I had thought at one point ChrisD might have setup rsync-able access
to the whole repostitory through code.open-bio.org but for now I have
put up tarballs of most of the CVS dirs from bioperl
http://bioperl.org/uploads/

Just to say I already went through all the steps of running cvs2svn
myself and had problems gathering back out the branches and all the
tags when I tried it.  If you want to start with a smaller repository
like bioperl-network or bioperl-db as the initial cvs2svn conversion
script took quite a long time to run on bioperl-live.

Regarding ssh/https:
We have already gone through some of this for blipkit and biojava
projects.  I think we'll still keep separate anonymous read-only
(code.open-bio.org) and writeable repositories (dev.open-bio.org) as
I think we are resisting any webapps on the developement server as we
want that to as locked down as possible.  For the newly created svn
repositories that I've been creating/using I just use svn+ssh and
that worked okay.

-jason