[Bioperl-l] SVN and ...Re: Perltidy

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jun 15 10:56:08 UTC 2007

Sendu Bala wrote:
> If its going to be difficult and a hassle, for such an unnecessary thing
> I'm not sure its worth it. There are more pressing things to be done for
> Bioperl.
>
> If I can just run perltidy on the entire package and commit, I'd do it.
> If that's not appropriate, I won't.

I agree with the sentiment noted above.  I'm a bit of an outsider here,
but bioperl is a collaborative project.  Not everyone has the same
sentiments about what "correct" style means.  As a programmer, I really
wouldn't want significant changes on the style of my code.  And perl
happily puts up with many styles.  I would say leave things as they
are--let the individual programmers choose.  It reduces the amount of
work of questionable importance and allows the coding style freedom that
perl supports.

Just my $.02.

Sean