[Bioperl-l] Perltidy

Mark Johnson johnsonm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:38:31 UTC 2007

    The nice thing about Perl Tidy is that everybody can have their
own config file.  There could be a bioperl default config that gets
applied at checkin time.  Anybody that didn't like it could script
checkouts to get run through their own config.  Diffs might get a
little hairy, but as long as you tidy before diffing, it shouldn't be
too bad.  Speaking of which....coding style is controversial enough,
but since that's already been opened, what about CVS vs Subversion? 8)
 Some of the scripting for this sort of thing might be easer in
Subversion.  Though maybe something like Git would fit the developer
model better (more support for distributed development).