[Bioperl-l] method naming

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 13 16:14:22 UTC 2007

Some quick questions on method naming.  I couldn't find this on the
mail list previously and just want some opinions.

1) Is there any preference on how to name a method that returns a
list of class instances vs. data?  I have seen 'each' (each_Location,
each_tag_value) vs. 'get_all' (get_all_tags, get_all_SeqFeatures) vs.
simple (hits, hsps).

2) Do we want have methods which return objects have the object name
in Title Case (each_Location, get_Seq_by_id, etc) or does it really
matter?