[Bioperl-l] gff2xml

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Wed Jun 13 00:18:27 UTC 2007

Sean

> I posted this on the gbrowse list earlier. I'm looking to convert gff
> data files into xml. Does anyone know of a module written to do this
> already?

What DTD do you want the XML to conform to?
eg. ChadoXML, TinySeq XML, TIGR XML ... ?

What program are you trying to get to load the XML?

BioPerl has some Bio::SeqIO:xxxxx modules for some XML formats that
you could use. There is a script "bp_seqconvert.pl -h" which comes
with BioPerl which may be useful.

--
--Torsten Seemann
--Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University