[Bioperl-l] Re: [Bioperl-l] 回复: Re: basic questions

Mike Williams drummike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 15:49:36 UTC 2007

On 6/12/07, Pengcheng Yang <pengchy at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> I got the same questions.
> I guess that the swissprote database has some problems!
> code:
> use Bio::DB::SwissProt;
> $sp = new Bio::DB::SwissProt;
> $seq = $sp->get_Seq_by_id('KPY1_ECOLI');
> print ref($seq),"\t",$seq->display_id,"\n"
> ------------- EXCEPTION  -------------
> MSG: swissprot stream with no ID. Not swissprot in my book
> STACK toplevel t.pl:7

This is a different problem.  The id was not valid.  If you change
KPY1 to KPYK1 it works fine.

$seq = $sp->get_Seq_by_id('KPYK1_ECOLI');
print ref($seq),"\t",$seq->display_id,"\n"
[mike at Wheatley]$ ./bio_quest2.pl

Bio::Seq::RichSeq       KPYK1_ECOLI

If you got this example from the bio perl site would you please post
the url?  Seems to me this same problem has come up before, but I
could not find it in the archives nor on the web site.

Mike