[Bioperl-l] Splitting Bioperl and Test related Suggestions

Scott Cain cain.cshl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 13:00:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 11:57 -0500, Chris Fields wrote:

> I think we should just bite the bullet and proceed with pulling out
> the controversial operator overloading in Bio::Annotation*, deprecate
> the tag methods in AnnotatableI, and go about fixing everything up.
> If that occurs (which seems to be the major impediment) and we get
> GMOD/GBrowse playing well with BioPerl then we can aim for a new
> stable release, and then institute a regular release cycle.

I think this sounds like a good idea to me too.  I'm planning on having
a GMOD hackathon at the end of the summer; if I had a new API by then,
we could focus on fixing anything that gets broken by the changes.

Scott

Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                         cain at cshl.edu
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory