[Bioperl-l] Downloading the tutorial for offline reading

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Sat Jan 27 23:36:11 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

We at Biopython were discussing whether we should move to a wiki-only
documentation for Biopython instead of the current LaTeX (with PDF &
HTML output) documentation in addition to the wiki. Whereas the wiki can
be updated more easily and by more people, the PDF/HTML documentation
has the advantage that it can be downloaded for offline reading.

So I was wondering how BioPerl creates its documentation. From the
website, it appears that all documentation is in wiki-form. Is there a
way to download the whole BioPerl documentation for offline reading? If
not, do users frequently express a need for this? Or is everybody more
or less happy with the wiki-only approach?

Best wishes from the Biopython side,

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics