[Bioperl-l] Bioperl wiki 'working examples' - SeqIO HOWTO

Erik er at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 8 16:30:33 UTC 2007

Hi Brian

I agree with you about leaving the >< prefix out, but in the code-comments
just below this link:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:SeqIO#Working_Examples

it says:

[...]
# Although it is optional, it is good
# programming practice to provide > and < in front of any
# filenames provided in the -file parameter. This makes the
# resulting filehandle created by SeqIO explicitly read (<)
# or write(>).  It will definitely help others reading your
# code understand the function of the SeqIO object.
[...]

So it would be a little strange to do it differently in the same doc.

Ah well. If 'my' change is not wrong, I'll leave it for now. The code
example now works (there was another little bug).

Thanks :)

Erikjan