[Bioperl-l] PopGen

Albert Vilella avilella at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 10:24:34 UTC 2007

To add a bit more info. Using the example.hap file in the t/data dir
of bioperl, you can see that the alleles correspond to the
nucleotides, and the marker name corresponds to the dbSNP rs id (I
guess in your case it can be something that relates to the coords of
the sequence):

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

use Bio::PopGen::IO;
my $io = new Bio::PopGen::IO(-format => 'hapmap',
                             -file   => '../../t/data/example.hap');

# Some IO might support reading in a population at a time

my @population;
while ( my $ind = $io->next_individual ) {
    push @population, $ind;
}

foreach my $individual (@population) {
    my @genotypes = $individual->get_Genotypes;
    foreach my $genotype (@genotypes) {
        print "individual_id ", $genotype->individual_id ,"\n";
        print "alleles ", $genotype->get_Alleles ,"\n";
        print "marker_name ", $genotype->marker_name ,"\n";
    }
}

1;