[Bioperl-l] Problem installing bioperl: plz reply soon. thx

Sukhinder Sandhu sukhinder.sandhu at osumc.edu
Wed Feb 28 21:49:31 UTC 2007

Hi
I am having trouble installing Bundle::BioPerl through CPAN. I don't know if
this has something to do with my having root priveleges. Can you please
suggest how may I proceed to get over this. I shall really appreciate any
help. I am pasting part of the error it keeps giving after trying to install
every module.
CPAN.pm: Going to build G/GA/GAAS/HTML-Parser-3.56.tar.gz

make: *** No rule to make target
`/System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/config.h',
needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible