[Bioperl-l] Bio::AnnotatableI vs Bio::FeatureHolderI

aaron.j.mackey at gsk.com aaron.j.mackey at gsk.com
Fri Feb 23 14:36:18 UTC 2007

The fundamental difference (in my mind) between a feature and an
annotation, is that a feature has a location/range, and thus the
information represented in the feature is applicable only to that
location/range.  An annotation, on the other hand, is "global", or at
least non-localizable (note: a feature with a "fuzzy" location of
"somewhere along this sequence, but I'm not sure where" is still not
global - if you did/could know the location, you'd describe it as a
feature, so it shouldn't be represented with an annotation).

-Aaron