[Bioperl-l] Parsing kegg files

stephen.marshall at novartis.com stephen.marshall at novartis.com
Wed Feb 21 17:01:00 UTC 2007

Hello
I"m trying to parse a Kegg file and I can't seem to get at the pathway
information... Here's a snippet of my code. I only see dblink and
description as annotation

use Bio::SeqIO;

my $stream = Bio::SeqIO->new(-file => $filename, -format => 'KEGG');

while ( my $seq = $stream->next_seq() ) {
        # do something with $seq
        my $id = $seq->display_id();
        print "$id:";
        my $ann = $seq->annotation();
        foreach my $key ( $ann->get_all_annotation_keys() ) {
                my @values = $ann->get_Annotations($key);
                foreach my $value ( @values ) {
                        print "Annotation: ",$key," value:
",$value->as_text,"\n";
                }
        }

}

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of the
notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the material from any
computer.  Thank you.