[Bioperl-l] Module to draw transmembrane protein topology

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 20 15:30:15 UTC 2007

Sorry, I sent that last one off prematurely.

I could see this being used as a very useful utility if a Bioperl
object had SeqFeatures which described transmembrane regions, or if
output from something like TMHMM were parsed and used for input.
Don't know if it's included, but if not you probably should allow
labeling of the intracellular/extracellular space to designate
periplasmic space, mitochondrial matrix, thylakoid, etc.

I think Bio::Graphics namespace is definitely the place to go.  If I
ever get around to writing up the RNA structural stuff I may put
something there myself.

chris