[Bioperl-l] bioperl newbie needs help with extracting cds info

Sheri Simmons sheris at eps.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 8 17:42:27 UTC 2007

Hi,
I'm a newbie to BioPerl so apologies if this is a very basic
question. I am trying to parse GenBank files with the goal of
creating concatenated gene lists in nucleic acid or amino acid
format. It is working fine, except for one thing: I need to create
gene labels incorporating information on whether the gene is on the
complementary strand or not ("complement" in the CDS tag). How can I
get Bioperl to tell me whether the CDS tag value includes the word
"complement"?

Thanks
Sheri