[Bioperl-l] BLASTXML changes (good this time!)

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 8 14:20:26 UTC 2007

All,

BLAST XML parsing should now work for any CPAN-based XML::SAX parser!

XML::SAX::PurePerl (comes with XML::SAX, the slowest)
XML::SAX::Expat
XML::SAX::ExpatXS (the fastest)
XML::LibXML::SAX
XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser

Grant MacLean has updated XML::SAX on CPAN to fix a XML::SAX:PurePerl
bug, so using that parser will necessitate an XML::SAX upgrade.  I
had also found a bug in the SAX handler which chopped off a large
chunk of the description for hits which is now fixed in CVS.

If Sendu is out there, I think we can safely remove any dependencies
beyond XML::SAX 0.15 for the next release.  Should I go ahead and
modify Build.PL?