[Bioperl-l] RNA folding

Caroline Johnston johnston at biochem.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 7 18:56:52 UTC 2007

Thanks Chris.

Storing the interaction data as a hash according to an ontology and using
an extended bracket notation as the string representation seems to make
sense, but I'm still unsure how this is supposed to be
attached to the Seq objects. You reckon it should be an AnnotationI?

I'm not sure I understand the distinction between annotations and
features. From the docs I got the impression that Features were like
annotation on bits of sequences and had a reference to the sequence to
which they belong, whereas annotations don't. If that's the case though,
why would RNA structure be an annotation rather than a feature? If not,
what is the distinction between them? Are the positional Annotation
subclasses you're developing intended to replace features? Have I got the
wrong end of the stick entirely?

Cheers,
Cass