[Bioperl-l] [StandAloneBLAST] Use more than one CPU + avoid BLAST reload

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Thu Dec 6 23:58:02 UTC 2007

Sven,

> I just started working with Perl and BioPerl. I'm quite impressed what
> can be easily done with this module. Today I found that my second CPU
> ist not used, but the first one run's at 100%. I tried to include the
> "-a"-parameter, but I was not successful:

My experience agrees with you, in that "-a" does not seem to work with
the pre-compiled BLAST binaries you get from NCBI on a multi-core
system.

I'm not sure why, as "ldd blastall" shows it links against
"/lib64/tls/libpthread.so.0".

Any others have any ideas?

--
--Torsten Seemann
--Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University