[Bioperl-l] extracting CDS location from Genbank

Captainrave captainrave at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:41:37 UTC 2007

#!/bin/perl

use strict;
use Bio::SeqIO;
my $file = shift; # get the file name, somehow
my $seqio_object = Bio::SeqIO->new(-file => $file);
my $seq_object = $seqio_object->next_seq;

for my $feat_object ($seq_object->get_SeqFeatures) {
   print "primary tag: ", $feat_object->primary_tag, "\n";
   for my $tag ($feat_object->get_all_tags) {
      print "  tag: ", $tag, "\n";
      for my $value ($feat_object->get_tag_values($tag)) {

         print "    value: ", $value, "\n";
      }
   }
}

exit;

The file is on the same folder.  But how do I tell it to use this file?