[Bioperl-l] need help

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 31 14:51:51 UTC 2007

I don't believe Bio::SeqIO::kegg will parse those files (they aren't
sequence files).  The format it recognizes is:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/KEGG_sequence_format

for the files found in the subdirectories here:

ftp://ftp.genome.ad.jp/pub/kegg/genes/organisms

I would just build a custom parser if all you're interested in is id/
names/synonyms.  It'll be much faster.

chris