[Bioperl-l] please some help

mcons004 at fiu.edu mcons004 at fiu.edu
Fri Aug 24 03:30:44 UTC 2007

  Hello,
     I am new to this software and I am having some trouble starting. The version of Bioperl I am working on is v5.8.6. My OS is Unix (Mac OS X). I am trying to use Bioperl with a file called blastParser to process a file which is the output of a "blastall" operation.

 The code that gives me error is:
> perl blastParser.pl junk.out 1 1 1.0
 and the error message says:
Can't locate Bio/SearchIO.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level

 You online info says I probably means that the module Bio::SearchIO.pm is not instaled and I can either install Bundle::Bioperl or install that specific module by hand. Could you give me some tips in this? I am new working with Unix, and Bioperl so I am a little confused. Any information will be helpful for me. Thanks