[Bioperl-l] Homologene parser?

Andrew Macgregor amacgregor at ccg.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Aug 14 05:14:58 UTC 2007

On 14/08/2007, at 11:21 AM, Chris Fields wrote:

> It looks like Heikki responded and thought a good place for it
> would be Bio::SeqIO, but it didn't go anywhere I suppose.  I see
> that a few other posts suggest it could be placed in Bio::Cluster
> as well which I'm not familiar with.  We could add it in if you
> were still interested, just need to find a good place for it; might
> be nice to have a Parse::RecDescent-based parser.
>
> chris

Hi Chris,

I was also doing some parsing of UniGene at the time but found
RecDescent was too slow and went back to regexes. That code found
it's way into Bio::Cluster. Occasionally I see a message with someone
looking for a Homologene parser but not very often, so I'm not sure
it is worth the effort of moving the code into bioperl.

Cheers, Andrew.