[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::Biblio::PDF - incomplete?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 30 00:28:47 UTC 2007

Quick response!  Yep, I've run into this with a few publishers.
Though they're supposed to have 'permanent' links for those of us who
like to link to our pubs they frequently change (scary if that's
their definition of permanent).

Did you want us to remove the code from CVS?

chris

On Apr 29, 2007, at 7:21 PM, Allen Day wrote:

> Incomplete.  I wrote it to do some bulk scraping of PDFs a few years
> ago.  I only implemented for a few journals, so it never worked for a
> large fraction of publications.  Probably it barely works or does not
> work at all now b/c of how the PDF are scraped out of the HTML.  The
> publisher sites are always modifying their HTML, presumably trying to
> prevent automated download like this.
>
> -Allen
>
> On 4/29/07, Chris Fields <cjfields at uiuc.edu> wrote:
>> Allen (or anyone),
>>
>> What is the status of this module?  It requires a module not listed
>> in the dependencies (WWW:Mechanize) and has no tests.
>>
>> chris

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer